February 25, 2011

Nothing Is Better Than Time In A Quilt Shop

It's always a fun day when time is spent in a QUILT SHOP.
Last week, I was able to visit my daughter in Washington.

We checked out shops in her area. We were happy to find some wonderful shops.

I feel sad, I took a camera and didn't even get it out of my suitcase.

(Sorry Brenda)

I did buy some great patterns that I haven't seen before. I wish I would have taken pictures, the samples in the shops were WONDERFUL.

The quality was superb.
This pattern below is by
Chickadee Hollow Design.

They are Vintage Ornaments.

The pattern includes one pre-printed, pre-colored design on tan fabric.

You add warm-n-natural batting and a backing, do the needle work and a blanket stitch around the edge and it's finished.

I know it is to early to think about Christmas. This is one I couldn't pass up.They also have Easter Designs.
http://www.chickadeehollowdesigns.com/


We found a great shop that carried Crab-apple Hill patterns.
This is a project bag with pleasing embroidery. It is definitely eye candy.


Another great pattern by Crab-apple Hill.
Vintage Candy Cane Snowman pillow.
The pillow in the store was so cute.


One more pattern by Crab-apple Hill.
"Over the River and Through the Woods"
It is a wall hanging and measures 51 x 57.
My pictures just don't give it justice.
It was hanging in the shop and I absolutely fell in love with it.
It was done in black and creams, and then tea dyed to blend all the colors.
By far, my favorite of everything we saw.

As you can tell I have a long way to go with photography skills.

My DH has always taken the pictures. So I apologize.
Check out the Crab-apple Hill website. It is a great site.
http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/

Life is Good

Annie Moore




2 comments:

Bethany said...

You're right--I find little else as soothing as time spent in fabric and quilt shops. Except maybe a good book store.

Brenda said...

Cute patterns! I love it all!
Looks GREAT!