This is a simple reversible baby skirt to make for a baby girl. The size will fit up to 3 months. You can adjust the size according to your skirt length and waist measurement. I love it, because it is quick and makes a great baby gift! Follow along, the pictures will give you step by step directions on what to do. If you are beginning to sew, this little BABY skirt will make you proud!
1. Materials: 1/4 yard fabric in two different coordinating fabrics and 3/8 inch elastic.
(Press your fabric before cutting.)
2. If you are using the same fabric for both sides of skirt, use 1/2 yard and cut in half.
3. Place right sides together and sew a 5/8 inch seam. You are sewing along the top edge lengthwise.
4. The photo above shows you how to place the right sides of fabric together and SEW.
5. Press your seam open so it lays nice and flat.
You now have one long piece of fabric measuring approx. 18" X 44/45 inches with two patterns of fabrics
6. Fold the fabric so you create a tube(bring the two ends together) with right sides together, sew a 5/8 inch seam.
7. Turn your fabrics to the right side. and press.
8.Measure top of skirt equally around the skirt, fold over and pin.
9. You are measuring to the size your elastic will fit through your elastic casing.
10. Repeat for both fabrics and pin. Press.
11. Sew a edge around the top of skirt approx 1/4 inch, this will give your skirt a tiny ruffle around the waist. Be sure to leave a opening to thread your elastic through.
12. Measure your elastic on top of your skirt and pin. This is your guide to sewing a second stitch around your skirt for the casing.
13. Thread you casing through your skirt casing with a large safety pin secured to your elastic.
14. Sew the casing closed. You are finished!
You now have a Reversible Skirt with two sides of different fabrics!
Great for Spring and Summer!
It's time for Ice Cream!